The 239th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 9 May 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 5 June 1996. It detailed the long-awaited regeneration scene for Sylvester McCoy's Seventh Doctor that officially signalled the end of his tenure, and explored the arrival of Paul McGann as the incoming Eighth Doctor.
- Urban Regeneration - In the second part of our major feature of the new Doctor Who film, the DWM team circle the globe to speak to the departing Doctor, the new scriptwriter, and the owner of the latest body to be snatched by the evil Master... (Note: this feature reveals several important plot details)
- Vox Pops - Throughout its history, the BBC has monitored audience opinion of Doctor Who using an ever-changing panel of "average viewers". Here, Stephen James Walker looks back at the audience research reports for the Patrick Troughton era.
- Beneath that cool exterior... - Compiled by the Monitor
Comic content Edit
- Ground Zero - Part Two
Telesnap archives Edit
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- The way we were - The John Nathan-Turner Memoirs: Chapter Seven - Season twenty-Two Part One
- Reid...all about it - Beryl Reid discusses her role as Earthshock's Captain Briggs with Peter Griffiths.
Shelf Life Edit
Reviews by Dave Owen
- PROSE: Killing Ground
- PROSE: GodEngine
- REF: A History of the Universe
- VIDEO: DOC: I Was a Doctor Who Monster!
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Fluid Links - Snogging-free zone! by Matthew Jones
- Crazy Caption
- Editor: Gary Gillatt
- Assistant Editor: Scott Gray
- Editorial Assistant: Alan Barnes
- Designer: Paul Vyse
- Production: Mark Irvine & Andrew Douglas Parslow
- Promotion Manager: Chris McCormack
- Art Director: Helen Nally
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Richard Maskell
Additional details Edit
to be added