The 238th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 11 April 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 8 May 1996. It was the lone 1990s issue of the publication to be on British newsstands when an episode of Doctor Who debuted on BBC1. Indeed, it was the only such issue since DWM #155's release with Survival until DWM #354's with Rose.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Renaissance - In the first part of a major new feature, Gary Gillatt reports from the set of the new Doctor Who adventure and talks to leading members of the cast and crew...
- The Quatermass Inheritance - Compiled by The Monitor
Comic content[edit | edit source]
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Archives[edit | edit source]
Telesnap archives[edit | edit source]
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles[edit | edit source]
Shelf Life[edit | edit source]
Reviews by Dave Owen
- CASSETTE: AUDIO: The Ghosts of N-Space
- VIDEO: Movies: Doctor Who and the Daleks (Digitally Remastered Wide Screen Edition)
- REF: Ace! The Inside Story of the End of an Era
- PROSE: The Sands of Time
- PROSE: Happy Endings
Regular features[edit | edit source]
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Fluid Links - That's What I Like by Matthew Jones
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor: Gary Gillatt
- Assistant Editor: Scott Gray
- Editorial Assistant: Alan Barnes
- Designer: Paul Vyse
- Production: Mark Irvine & Andrew Parslow
- Promotion Manager: Chris McCormack
- Art Director: Helen Nally
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Richard Maskell
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- There is an apology on the first page of the magazine which reads: Apologies to Newsagents: We would like to make a public apology to all newsagents concerning the tone and content of a recent subscription offer, which featured in Issue 236 of Doctor Who Magazine.
- The advert appeared on page 19 of DWM 236 and read as follows:
- Transform your life with a single phone call! Subscribe! Avoid the hassle, the loose change, the belligerent newsagent...have Doctor Who Magazine delivered to your door every four weeks for a year AND receive an issue free!