The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- King of the Savages - Peter Purves, who played space pilot Steven Taylor in the mid-Sixties, has long been one of the few Doctor Who regulars who rarely spoke about the show. That changed when, earlier this year, he attended his first Who convention Manoptican 3. More recently, he talked to Steve Lyons and Chris Howarth at his home, a beautiful sixteen century rectory near Northampton.
- What the Censor Saw - The Jon Pertwee era saw alien menaces encroach on the previously unexplored domains of children's toys, the police and religion. The world was changing and, as Marcus Hearn discovers in the third part of his series, Doctor Who was growing up.
Comic content[edit | edit source]
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Archives[edit | edit source]
Telesnap archives[edit | edit source]
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
- The Underwater Menace - Episode 1
Interviews / Profiles[edit | edit source]
- Mark Ayres - The deserts of Segonax, the gothic mansions of Victorian England and the shadowy gloom of Room Zero have all been enriched by Mark Ayres. One of the last composers, to date, to pick up the baton of Doctor Who incidental musician tells Austen Atkinson-Broadbelt how he's carrying it through the Ninties.
- William Lucas - Anthony Townsend talks to William Lucas, who made a last-minute appearance as the colony medic Mr Range in the 1984 story Frontios.
- The Bearded Aztec - Philip Newman talks to Walter Randall, who made a number of appearances in Doctor Who during the Sixties and Seventies, many under the guiding hand of his good friend director Douglas Camfield.
Reviews - Shelf Life[edit | edit source]
Reviews by Craig Hinton
- PROSE: Falls the Shadow
- REF: Doctor Who - The Handbook: The First Doctor
- VIDEO: DOC: Myth Makers 31
- VIDEO: HOMEVID: P.R.O.B.E.: The Zero Imperative
- PROSE: The Crystal Bucephalus
Regular features[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Beyond the TARDIS
- Timelines (Letters)
- The Fanzine Trap
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editorial: Gary Russell & Marcus Hearn
- Assistant Editor: Warwick Gray
- Design: Gary Gilbert & Paul Vyse
- Production: Mark Irvine & Irfan Yunis
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- This issue debuted a make over of the style and layout of the magazine, bringing some conformity to the layout, font and background.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.