The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- The Other 'The Enemy of the World' - In October 1979, David Whitaker submitted the following proposal to W. H. Allen, publisher of the Target Doctor Who novelisations. It was an outline for Doctor Who and the Enemy of the World - a novel based on his 1967/8 adventure featuring the Second Doctor. The significant differences Whitaker proposed for the novelisation are interesting to note, as are his reasons. Whitaker died in February 1981 without having begun work on the book. Eventually Ian Marter produced a novel based on the original scripts and not these notes.
- The Curse of the Daleks - David J Howe examines David Whitaker's work with the Daleks upon the London stage in the 1965 theatre production The Curse of the Daleks.
- Rennigan's Record - Intended for publication in a book entitled The Journeys of Doctor Who, the following story is the only known previously unpublished Doctor Who work by David Whitaker. The book would presumably have been made up of four or five similar stories. Rennigan's Record is clearly indicated as story number one. DWM is pleased to present this story unedited and as Whitaker wrote it.
Comic content[edit | edit source]
- Emperor of the Daleks! - Part Four (in colour)
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Archives[edit | edit source]
Interviews / Profiles[edit | edit source]
- Whitaker's World - Philip MacDonal takes a look at the writing of David Whitaker, Doctor Who's first story-editor and his influence on subsequent writers.
- A Personal Note - Back in the late Seventies, Gary Hopkins was the co-editor of a Doctor Who fanzine entitled The Doctor Who Review. One of the many people Gary had contact with was David Whitaker, exchanging regular letters and notes. Gary looks back over these personal recollections and has also provided three short capsule stores which Whitaker wrote as diary entries for each of the three original companions (Susan, Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright).
Reviews - Off the Shelf[edit | edit source]
Regular features[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Beyond the TARDIS
- Matrix Data-bank
- What the Papers Said
- Timelines (Letters)
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor: Gary Russell
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Assistant Editor: Marcus Hearn
- Production Assistant: Louise Cassell
- Production: Chris, Jules 'n' Matthew
- Promotions: Fiona Moscatelli
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Editor-in-Chief: Paul Neary
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- Free poster by Alister Pearson.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.