With no new Doctor Who being made for television, DWM began a close association with the New Adventures launched by Virgin Books. Featuring the cover artwork of the first release, Paul Vyse provided the illustrations for a prologue to Timewyrm: Genesys written by and with an introduction by John Peel.
- 'The McCoy Years' by Duncan Harvey
- 'Longleat Legends' - Philip Newman reports on the 1991 Doctor Who Exhibition
Comic content Edit
- The Good Soldier - Part One
- Comic Assassins: 5 Dr Who's Grating Adventures by Steve Noble & F Sutherland
- Inset article: 'The Perfect Fool' - Joe Nazzaro excavates some home truths about James Ellis, who played the cantankerous Peter Warmsly in the Season Twenty-Six story Battlefield...
- The Way of the Warrior - Liam Rudden catches up with Louise Jameson, one of the most popular Doctor Who companions - and the only one to be turned into a Barbie Doll...
- No Dummy - John Nathan-Turner talks to Lorne Martin Chief Executive of M and J Media Adventures Ltd about his long association with the Doctor Who Exhibitions since their inception.
Off the Shelf Edit
Gary Russell moves into the Death Zone once more...
- CB News
- Star Begotten
- Think Tank
- Fan Mail
- Purple Haze
- Second Dimension
Page Pin-ups Edit
- The cover artwork from the New Adventures novel Genesys
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Continuity Queries
- Data Coils (now incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- 'Nick's View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- A chance for readers to ask Tom Baker questions.
- Into The Vortex 'That Was the Who That Was'
- Who's Who: (Jacqueline Hill)
Random quote Edit
"I'm used to the dark ... I like it ..."
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Design Gary Gilbert
- Copy Editor: Sophie Health
- Rounders Champ: Louise Cassell
- Promotion: Jane Sumner
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
- Editorial Director: Paul Neary
- Managing Director: Vincent Conran
Additional details Edit
- This issue's magazine cover features the artwork of Andrew Skilleter, chosen to launch this series of new adventures continuing beyond Survival. The artwork is presented as a full page on page 6 of the magazine. This issue was priced £1.95 (UK)
- This issue saw the second of three tokens and question for a merchandise competition with over £1,000 worth of Doctor Who and TV science fiction prizes.
- On the copyright page of the magazine (usually page 3), is a box of very small text, the end of this text reads "Way of the Warrior Guide Book courtesy of Sevateem Enterprises."