- Controversy Corner Richard Lansden on Time Lords and time paradox.
- Lies Lies Lies - Story rumours, names and stuff that could have been in stories. By Paul Cornell
- The Years Tapes - An on the spot report on the recording of the latest addition to the Doctor Who video range ... By John Freeman
Comic content Edit
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Writing Doctor Who - First broadcast as part of Season Twenty-Five in 1988, Graeme Curry's The Happiness Patrol is often used as a weapon to support perpetual argument for, and against, the programme's all-studio recorded stories. By John B. McLay.
- 'Enlightening' - Liam Rudden talks to director Fiona Cumming about her long association with the programme and the changes she's seen in its production...
Off the Shelf Edit
- Perigosto Stick
- Celestial Toyroom
- Private Lives
- Audio Visuals
- Wholine Monthly
Page Pin-ups Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Continuity Queries (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- Pick of the Penguin (Letters)
- Data Coils (now incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- 'Nick's View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Collector's Corner (Merchandise) (Build the TARDIS from Target Books, The Doctor Who Pattern Book from W.H. Allen & Co, Doctor Who quiz books from Magnet Books, The Doctor Who Cookbook from W.H. Allen & Co, The Dalek Painting Book from Souvenir Press/Panther Books, The Adventures of K9 books from Sparrow Books and Junior Doctor Who and the Brain of Morbius and Junior Doctor Who and the Giant Robot from Target Books.
- Into The Vortex / 'That Was the Who That Was' (Times Past)
- Competition: To write a Brief Encounter story in less than 800 words.
Random quote Edit
“What did it mean - defence alert?"
"oh the usual rubbish, I suppose - floor, trips, electronic sensors, jets of nerve gas - nothing to worry about."
"Oh good. I was afraid it might mean something serious."
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Design Gary Gilbert
- So long and thanks for all the fish: Dan Abnett
- Promotion: Jane Sumner
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
- Managing Director: Vincent Conran
Additional details Edit
- This issue was priced £1.95 (UK) and featured on the cover a photograph of Jon Pertwee at BBC Lime Grove for The Era Tapes.
- Additional Input (from (DWM 176)
- The You on Who (letters page) reverts to Pick of the Penguin this issue, Nix cartoon also reverts to its former title Nick's View and an offshoot of Matrix Data Bank opens up continuity queries for readers to submit 'logical' responses too.
- On the copyright page of the magazine (usually page 3), is a box of very small text. The end of this text reads “Exterminator guns courtesy of ACME (Skaro division)”
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.