- Location Guide: London The final part of this ongoing series compiled by Richard Bignell and Guy Daniels includes a London Locations list
- 'The Doctor in Holland' Patrick Bremmers explores the broadcasting of Doctor Who in the Netherlands
- 'Stripped for Action' (2 of 2) Paul Travers concludes the completed art for the proposed Doctor Who Newspaper Strip. Also included is a list of ALL DWM comic stories featuring the Doctor (Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh),and tries to tie them in chronologically with the Doctor's TV travels.
Comic content Edit
- Brief Encounters: An Incident Concerning the Continual Bombardment of the Phobos Colony by Paul Cornell and illustrated by Paul Richardson
- None this issue
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Paul Bernard (Director) interviewed by Peter Linford who discusses his work on Day of the Daleks, The Time Monster and Frontier in Space
- Writing Doctor Who: Anthony Read (Script Editor/Writer) interviewed by Marcus Hearn talks about his contribution to the series at a time when it was undergoing considerable change.
- Who's Who : Matthew Waterhouse (Adric)
Previews / Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- NOVELISATION: The Curse of Fenric by Ian Briggs (Target Books)
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: Mary Tamm (Reeltime Pictures)
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: John Nathan-Turner (Reeltime Pictures) 'Who in Review'
- TV: BSB Doctor Who Weekend by Stephen James Walker
- CONVENTIONS ('Nebula '90' by John Freeman, and 'Panopticon X' by Joe Nazzaro)
Page Pin-ups Edit
- The Third Doctor and Dalek from Day of the Daleks
- The Fourth Doctor in Romana's bedroom from Full Circle
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Data Coils (now incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- Into The Vortex / 'That Was the Who That Was' (Times Past)
- 'Nix' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Competition: 1 question to win signed Abslom Daak - Dalek Killer (record)
- Competition: 3 questions to win one of 3 Dalek Armies (from Louis Marx)
Random quote Edit
“So this is your great vision, Vaughn ... to be master of a dead world.”
- Editor: John Freeman
- Design : Gary Gilbert / John Freeman
- Machiavellan Candour: Dan Abnett
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor: John Freeman
- Possibly still the Managing Director: Robert Sutherland
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- This issue saw a new regular price increase to £1.95 (UK) but included 4 extra pages added.
- The cover photograph of the Seventh Doctor and Ace was from Silver Nemesis.
- A number of new regular features are introduced, namely, Into The Vortex, That Was the Who That Was (looking at Doctor Who in times past), and Who's Who (short biographical feature in which the subject gets to choose their favourite / least favourite story, favourite Doctor, Companion and Enemy.)
- This issue's comic story is only three pages in length but, like Darkness Falling in DWM 167, is a prelude for the story The Mark of Mandragora which starts next issue and was later released as a graphic novel.
- This was Sheila Cranna's last issue as Editor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.