Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- 'Video View' Now with 14 releases, and more planned, John Freeman looks at how Doctor Who comes across in the BBC Video releases.
- Location Guide: The South East by Guy Daniels and Richard Bignell
- Train-Flight - Part 1
- Season 26 Pull-Out Guide Part One featuring Battlefield and Ghost Light giving an overview, cast, credits, production and broadcast details.
- Episode Guide: Season 21: Peter Davison / Colin Baker (Warriors of the Deep - The Twin Dilemma)
Interviews / profiles
- Angela Bruce who played Brigadier Bambera in Battlefield interviewed by Helen Stirling and Andrew Lane
- Dinsdale Landen who played Doctor Judson The Curse of Fenric interviewed by Adrian Rigelsford
- Travelling Companions: Mel by Tim Hunter
- Case Studies: The Graff Vynda Ka by Peter Linford
Previews/Reviews - Off the Shelf
- None this issue.
- Turlough by the TARDIS console from Terminus Season 26 Guide:
- The Destroyer unleashed from Battlefield
- The Seventh Doctor on the stairs of Gabriel Chase from Ghost Light
- Light enthroned from Ghost Light
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Nix View by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Collectors Corner (Merchandise)
(Dr. Who's Anti-Dalek Fluid Neutraliser and Doctor Who Annuals)
- Dont quote me on this ... (mentions of 'Who' in strange places)
- Competition: Spot the difference to win one of 20 Abslom Daak - Dalek Killer (graphic novel)s
- "A distress signal?"
- "A cry for help, or perhaps a summoning."
- "Where's it coming from?"
- "From Earth, it's rippling out into the cosmos, forwards in time, backwards in time and sideways in ..."
- “Sideways, in time?"
- “Yes. Sideways, across the boundaries that separate one universe from another.”
- “Weird ...”
- Editor / Designer: John Freeman
- Designer: Jacqui Papp
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Julie Hughes
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Managing Director: Robert Sutherland
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
- Case Studies is a new feature that starts this issue. It focuses on one of the series' villains, along with Collector's Corner a new column looking at merchandise from times gone by. A new occasional feature Don't quote me on this ..., appears, giving examples of Doctor Who mentions in unexpected places - here it's academic text and Star Trek novels!
- Editorial comment states that seven pages for the comic strip will now be the norm for the foreseeable future.
- Additional Input (from DWM 161): The Happiness Patrol was not the final W.H. Allen & Co Doctor Who novelisation. Was Evil of the Daleks filmed at Knebworth house? DWM writers are currently exploring this option. Meanwhile, the battle rages.
- This issue was priced £1.50 (UK) and the cover photograph was shot filming for The Curse of Fenric.
- Group Editor Sheila Cranna is congratulated on having a baby girl or a Sgt Benton (The Time Monster) lookalike ...!