The 155th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of December 1989. It was the final issue of the magazine to be on the news stands in the month when an episode of the 1963 version of Doctor Who debuted. In other words, it was the current issue of DWM when Survival wrapped on BBC1 and the cancellation of the series went into effect. Though its cover was actually a reference to the issue's comic story, Nemesis of the Daleks, it came to be read in later years as fitting for the removal of Doctor Who from the airwaves.
- 'Strip!' by Michael Bonner (3 of 3) With the Doctor Who comic strip approaching its 25th anniversary a look at comic strip history from 1983.
- 'Last Word on the Ultimate Tour' with an Australian tour not confirmed David Banks gives a behind the scenes report and includes a full cast listing for the play.
Comic content Edit
- Nemesis of the Daleks - Part 4
- Episode Guide: Season 17 - Tom Baker
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- 'Season 26 Focus': Ian Hogg who played Josiah Samuel Smith in Ghost Light interviewed by Adrian Rigelsford
- None this issue.
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
Pin-up Pages Edit
- Captain Sorin and Ace from The Curse of Fenric
- The Seventh Doctor and Ace from Ghost Light
- Scaroth from City of Death
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers) - includes a listing of the First Doctor eating!
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- Data Coils (now incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- 'Nick's View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
Random Quote Edit
"If you want a job doing properly, get a girl to do it ... out of the way, boys!"
- Editor / Designer: John Freeman
- Paste-up: Jacqui Papp
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Julie Hughes
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Managing Director: Robert Sutherland
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- This issue priced £1.50 (UK) for the fourth consecutive issue, featured a cover photograph by Steve Cook with Dalek supplied by Alistair Lock and Steven Allen from a specially commissioned photo session.
- This issues mechandise review feature included a list based on that provided by the BBC Enterprises of fully licensed merchandise only and included: Dapol Models Limited (for range of plastic moveable models, and 'question mark' jumper), Doctor Who Magazine Index, retailer John Fitton (who also produced button and enamel Doctor Who badges and patch, and a magazine binder, (Games Workshop (for plastic miniature figures), Holdcourt (TARDIS telephone box with fully operational telephone, Lavendis Enterprises Ltd (for T-shirts as featured at Space Centre and Longleat exhibitions), Light Fantastic Ltd. (for holograms), KBW for TARDIS and Dalek design clocks, Mothercare (UK) Limited (for Boy's pyjamas and slippers), Sevans Models (for plastic assembly kits of Davros, Dalek, Ice Warrior, K9 and Cybermen) Who Dares Publishing / Silver Fist (for Cybermen book and ArcHive Tapes) and Marvel Comics Ltd for Doctor Who Magazine and Voyager Graphic Novel).