The 148th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of May 1989. It promoted the return of Anthony Ainley as the Master for the episode Survival in what eventually became his last appearance in the original series. It was not yet known that this story would mark the cancellation of Doctor Who.
- On Location - We take a look back at a day's recording of Silver Nemesis at Arundel Castle
- Season 25 Special Effects - A complete rundown on how BBC Visual Effects coordinated the magic that made up much of Season 25
- 'Beam me down Scotty' - John B. McLay looks at the options for repeats of Doctor Who in light of satellite TV.
- Invaders from Gantac! - Part 1 - Alan Grant takes the Seventh Doctor into danger on Earth, with art by Martin Griffiths and Cam Smith
Interviews / Profiles
- Travelling Companions: Frobisher - A special interview with the shape-changer, compiled with the help of Colin Baker and Steve Parkhouse
- Writing Doctor Who: Eric Saward - The former Who script writer talks about Attack of the Cybermen and his work on the show
- T.P. McKenna - An audience with the Captain Caricature drawn by Paul Vyse (see notes below for corrections)
Reviews - Off the Shelf
- REFERENCE BOOK: The Official Doctor Who & the Daleks Book by John Peel and Terry Nation (St. Martin's Press)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News including Season 26 update, the stage play, satellite television, merchandise,)
- Rel Time (Events listing)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Untitled by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Nick's View by Nick Miller
- Competition: to win the latest BBC Videos.
“Perhaps I could get the hang of it ..."
- The Doctor, The Seeds of Death
- Editor/Designer - John Freeman
- Assistant Editor - Louise Cassell
- Design Assistance - Gary Gilbert
- Production - Jez Meteyard
- Advertising - Julie Hughes
- Advisor - John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor - Sheila Cranna
- Publisher - Stan Lee
- This issue (priced £1.25 UK) included a giant photo-poster featuring '25 Years of Adventure' and all seven Doctors.
- Additional Input (from DWM 150) disputes the inclusion of a picture from Terror of the Zygons in the Episode Guide feature, but this is allowed as the story was originally recorded for Season 12.
- Additional Input (from DWM 150) corrects many of the credits given to T P McKenna in the interview feature. Titles - The Saint: The Angel's Eye by Harry W. Junkin, The Avengers: The Trojan Horse by Malcolm Hulke, and Noon Doomsday by Terry Nation. McKenna appeared in That'll be the Day, and 3 episodes of The Richmond Files: "Call Me the Enemy", "Do You Recognise the Woman?" and "A Man Like Me" as well as in the Blake's 7 episode "Bounty" not "Hostage". The Minder episode was wrong and the Boon episode was "Northwest Passage to Acocks Green".