The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Contents[edit | edit source]
Comic content[edit | edit source]
- Planet of the Dead - Part 2
Archives[edit | edit source]
- Archive Feature: TV: The Keys of Marinus (Part 1: Episodes 1-3 covered in synopsis only by Andrew Pixley)
Interviews[edit | edit source]
- Bob Baker - Following last month's archive on The Mutants written by 'Bristol Boys' Bob Baker and Dave Martin, Peter Anghelides and Justin Martin talk to the writer Bob Baker.
- Sylvester McCoy - Following an appreciation article by Saul Nasse the Seventh Doctor actor answers readers' questions!
Preview[edit | edit source]
Also featuring[edit | edit source]
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- Rel Time (Events listing)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Data Coils (Pen-pals)
- Doctor Who? by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Nick's View by Nick Miller
- Dapol competition winners
Random quote[edit | edit source]
"“What's going on, Doctor?”
“Adventure, excitement, that kind of thing ...”
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor/Designer: John Freeman
- Assistant Editor: Louise Cassell
- Consultant: David Howe
- Production: Jez Meteyard
- Advertising: Donna Wickers
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Publisher: Stan Lee
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- This issue was printed on a rougher paper, albeit with four extra pages of colour. The editorial explains that the Episode Guide has been held over to next issue because lack of space and the colour photographs for The Happiness Patrol preview have been held up because of the postal strike.
- In spite of a spirited editorial defence in the letters pages over the 25% cover price rise and less pages, this particular issue (priced £1.25) carries no less than four and a half colour pages given over to merchandise of a total of twelve colour pages (which includes the cover) of its total thirty-six pages.
- To celebrate twenty-five years of Doctor Who, DWM and Covercraft ("Britain's leading creators of special covers") offered readers an exclusive Commemorative stamped cover with a post date of November 25th, special Gallifrey postmark, with a pictorial stamp featuring the planets in orbit (at the time no longer available), and a cover featuring the TARDIS in time and space, along with the BBC's Doctor Who logo. Each cover was dispatched with a printed inner card showing the TARDIS console, with text by John Nathan-Turner. The actual cover used the latest technology of the time and a technique called 'Electronic Page Composition' which electronically scanned information, which was then copied onto storage disks and then merged! The year being 1988! These exclusive souvenirs were available at a cost of £2.50 (UK) with an additional £1 to cover post and packaging.
- The subscribers' free A2 poster was still available (while stocks lasted), or available to buy for £3.50 (UK).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.