The 130th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of November 1987. It was the first issue to use a new version of the Doctor Who logo, the previous issue used a version of the Season 18 logo, whilst this issue used a stylised version of the Season 24 logo.
- 'Dalek Triumph' - Jon Pertwee and a selection of monsters launch the video release of Death to the Daleks
Comic content Edit
- A Cold Day in Hell! - Part 1
- Archive Feature: TV: Horror of Fang Rock (retelling by episode, no credits but a Fact File by Richard Marson)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions - Ian Chesterton - when Doctor Who started, the enigmatic figure of the Doctor needed a more recognisably heroic male companion to act as a counter-balance. Enter Ian Chesterton.
- Introducing the Seventh Doctor - the latest incarnation of the Doctor exudes energy. So does Sylvester McCoy, as Richard Marson discovered when he went along to interview him on the subject of his new role and the series in general.
- Set For Success - Patrick Mulkern goes behind the scenes of the new season and talks to designer Geoff Powell about his work on Time and the Rani.
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
A4 Pin-up Edit
Also featuring Edit
- To the TARDIS (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Matrix Databank
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Penny Holme
- Art Assistant: Gary Knight
- Production: Alison Gill
- Advertising: Donna Wickers
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Publisher: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- Additional Input: Letters Page (From DWM 132): The Claws of Axos is incorrectly stated to be a 1972 story. It was actually transmitted in 1971.
- FREE GIANT POSTER of the Seventh Doctor and the Rani (as shown on the cover) by Alister Pearson.
- Ben Morris of Nottingham writes in the letters page, reminding DWM that the results of the Costume Design Competition in DWM 113 have yet to be announced. Ben is thanked for his reminder.
- The Seventh Doctor makes his comic strip debut with Frobisher still as his companion. There is no mention of a regeneration.