The 117th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of October 1986. It was the first issue to cover new episodes of Doctor Who for Season 24 after the series had been put on an eighteen-month hiatus.
- Travelling Companions - Where would the Doctor be without his companions? Richard Marson examines the changing characteristics and roles of these supporting characters as an introduction to a new series...of character profiles and development.
Comic content Edit
- Doctor Who Magazine Short Story Competition
- Runner-Up, Under 15 Category: The Heat-Seekers by Andrew Lowes
- Archive Feature: TV: The Leisure Hive (retelling by episode, no credits but a Fact File by Richard Marson)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Mervyn Haisman Interviewed - The Yeti and United Nations Intelligence Taskforce are among the popular and important innovations that emerged during the Patrick Troughton era and were the creations of writers Mervyn Haisman and Henry Lincoln. Richard Marson talked with half of the team, Mervyn Haisman, in the BBC's Sheppard's Bush offices...
- The Davros Tapes: Michael Wisher, the man who portrayed Davros Mark One. Following interviews in issues 109 and 111, Gary Russell concludes this three part series of interviews with actors breathing life into the Davros character.
A4 pin-ups Edit
- New Season preview - Story 2 Mindwarp
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- NOVELISATION: Black Orchid by Terence Dudley (Target Books)
- NOVELISATION: The Ark adapted by Paul Erickson (Target Books)
Also featuring Edit
- To the TARDIS (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Matrix Databank
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Penny Home
- Art Director/Design: Steve Cook
- Production: Alison Gill
- Advertising: Sally Benson
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
Additional details Edit
- The 'Travelling Companions' feature by Richard Marson is an introduction to a new series looking at individual companions.
- This issue was priced 85p (UK) and the cover photograph was from a promotional shoot for the new series filming of (at the time unnamed story) TV: The Mysterious Planet by Steve Cook.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.