Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The Doctor Who Magazine Summer Special 1980 was published by Marvel Comics UK.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- "The Monsters of Doctor Who: Day of the Daleks" by B. Aldrich and G. Blows (reprinted from DWM 1)
- "The Monsters of Doctor Who: The Cybermen" by Gordon Blows (reprinted from DWM 2)
Comic content[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Who and the Iron Legion (reprinted from DWM Issues 1-8)
- K-9's Finest Hour (reprinted from DWM 12)
Fiction[edit | edit source]
Archives[edit | edit source]
Interviews / Profiles[edit | edit source]
Previews[edit | edit source]
Reviews[edit | edit source]
A4 pin-ups[edit | edit source]
- B&W William Hartnell 1963-1966
- B&W Patrick Troughton 1966-1969
- B&W Jon Pertwee 1970-1974
- B&W Tom Baker 1974 to present
Also featuring[edit | edit source]
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- With a cover heading of "Doctor Who Summer Special: The Best of Doctor Who Weekly", this first Summer Special offered no new material except for a cover by Dave Gibbons. Its material had all been seen before in the pages of the parent magazine.
- This was the first of many reprintings of the popular comic strip compilation of "Doctor Who and the Iron Legion", Marvel Comics' first Doctor Who comic strip story. Unlike most subsequent "reprintings" — including the one in the 1985 Summer Special — this one was al monochromatic reprint rather than a colourized adaptation.
- This standard sized magazine was printed in June 1980 and had a cover price of 40p (UK)
- This issue had the indicia title of Dr Who Special.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.