Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series! Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
The 2012 season of Doctor WHo saw married couple Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill) joining the Doctor (Matt Smith) for their final adventures together in the TARDIS. Their travels in time and space took them from the terrifying Asylum of the Daleks, to the American Wild West, and came to an abrupt and sad conclusion in New York. They encountered insane Daleks, a cyborg assassin, River Song, an invasion of mysterious black cubes, the Weeping Angels ... and dinosaurs on a spaceship!
Now, DWM takes you behind the scenes of these astonishing episodes with an in-depth episode guide – including original storylines, deleted scenes, media appearances, ratings information and hundreds of facts about the day-to-day life of the making of Doctor Who – all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs.
This collectors' edition examines Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power of Three and The Angels Take Manhattan, as well as the five-part-mini adventure Pond Life, the DVD extra Night and the Doctor and the two 'Script to Screen' winning entries Death is the Only Answer and Good as Gold, plus the Doctor offering his clothes for auction for Children in Need in 20111.
This is your essential guide to the worlds of Doctor Who. Get ready to discover a wealth of information – and say a final farewell to Mr and Mrs Pond ...
Contents[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
- Night and the Doctor (DVD extra)
- Death is the Only Answer (Script to Screen winner)
- Good as Gold (Script to Screen winner)
- Children in Need 2011 (the Doctor's clothes auction)
- Pond Life (Five part mini-adventure0
Episode guide[edit | edit source]
- Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks
- Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
- Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy
- Episode 4: The Power of Three
- Episode 5: The Angels Take Manhattan
- Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections.
Series Credits[edit | edit source]
- Full credits for the episodes from the first five stories of Series 7.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Art Editor: Peri Godbold
- Consultant: Steven Moffat
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additonal details[edit | edit source]
- This magazine and had a cover price of £5.99 (UK) / $11.99 (US)