DWMSE 31 was the third and final consecutive issue of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition which explored the production of series 6. It focussed on the episodes from The God Complex to The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe.
Publisher's summary Edit
Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series! Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
The 2011 season of Doctor Who began in the most dramatic way possible – by killing off the Doctor in the first episode! Unaware of his ultimate fate, the Doctor (Matt Smith) was reunited with his friends, newlyweds Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory Pond (Arthur Darvill) and together they embarked on an incredible series of adventures in time and space. Their journey took them from a mysterious space prison to an alternative Earth where past, present and future were one, and saw encounters with River Song, Madame Kovarian, the Cybermen, the Silence, Winston Churchill... and even a Minotaur!
Now, DWM takes you behind the scenes of these astonishing episodes with an in-depth episode guide – including original storylines, deleted scenes, media appearances, ratings information and hundreds of facts about the day-to-day life of the making of Doctor Who – all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs.
This collectors' edition examines The God Complex, Closing Time, The Wedding of River Song and The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, as well as the interactive attractions, The Doctor Who Experience and The Crash of the Elysium.
This is your essential guide to the worlds of Doctor Who. Get ready to discover a wealth of information – and remember, silence will fall...
Episode guide Edit
- Episode 11: The God Complex
- Episode 12: Closing Time
- Episode 13: The Wedding of River Song
- Christmas Special 2011 The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
- Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections.
Series Credits Edit
- Full credits for the episodes from the closing stories of Series 6.
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: Mark Wright and John Ainsworth
- Art Editor: Peri Godbold
- Consultant: Steven Moffat
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additonal details Edit
- This magazine and had a cover price of £4.99 (UK) / $9.99 (US)