DWMSE 29 was the first of three issues of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition which gave in-depth production information about series 6. In it, researcher Andrew Pixley put episodes from A Christmas Carol to The Doctor's Wife under the microscope.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series!" Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
The 2011 season of Doctor Who began in the most dramatic way possible — by killing off the Doctor in the first episode! Unaware of his ultimate fate, the Doctor Matt Smith) was reunited with his friends, newlyweds Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory Pond (Arthur Darvill) and together they embarked on an incredible series of adventures in time and space. Their journey took them from the Utah desert to beyond the universe, and saw encounters with River Song, President Nixon, the Silence, pirates, a Siren ... and even the Doctor's wife!
Now, Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes of these astonishing episodes with an in-depth episode guide — including original storylines, deleted scenes, media appearances, ratings information and hundreds of facts about the day-to-day life of the making of Doctor Who — all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs. This collectors' edition examines the 2010 Special A Christmas Carol, The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon, The Curse of the Black Spot and The Doctor's Wife, as well as the 2010 Doctor Who Prom, the spectacular stage show Doctor Who Live, and the Comic Relief Special Space/Time.
This is your essential guide to the worlds of Doctor Who. Get ready to discover a wealth of information — and remember, silence will fall...
Contents[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
Episode guide[edit | edit source]
- Christmas Special 2010: A Christmas Carol
- Comic Relief Specials 2011: Space/Time
- Episodes 1 & 2: The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon
- Episode 3: The Curse of the Black Spot
- Episode 4: The Doctor's Wife
- Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections.
Series Credits[edit | edit source]
- Full credits for the episodes from the first half of Series 6.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: Mark Wright and John Ainsworth
- Art Editor: Peri Godbold
- Consultant: Steven Moffat
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additonal details[edit | edit source]
- This magazine was printed on 9 September 2011 and had a cover price of £4.99 (UK) / $9.99 (US)