DWMSE 27 — cover titled The Doctor Who Companion Series Five Volume Two — was the second of two issues of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition dedicated to examining the production of series 5. It explored the episodes from Amy's Choice to The Big Bang.
Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series!
Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
2010 was a landmark year for Doctor Who. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan appeared on television as the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond for the first time, in a series of incredible adventures. From the Doctor's crash landing in sleepy Leadworth, through to his arrival at Amy's wedding in a rebooted universe, the last of the Time Lords faced many monsters during the course of his travels, including Weeping Angels, Silurians, Autons, Cybermen, Smilers, Venetian Vampires, Prisoner Zero ... and of course, the Daleks!
Now, Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes of the Eleventh Doctor's last seven episodes with an in-depth episode guide — including original storylines, deleted scenes, media appearances, ratings information and thousands of facts about the day-to-day life of the making of Doctor Who — all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs. This collector's edition examines Amy's Choice, The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood, Vincent and the Doctor, The Lodger and The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang, as well as the specially-made Meanwhile in the TARDIS scenes from the DVD box set.
This is your essential guide to worlds of Doctor Who.
Get ready to discover a wealth of information — but watch out for the cracks ...
- Just Like Starting Over
- It was the biggest shake-up since Doctor Who returned in 2005. We follow the events that led to new show runner Steven Moffat's spectacular first series ...
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections)
- 1.7 Amy's Choice
- 1.8 & 1.9 The Hungry Earth and Cold Blood
- 1.10 Vincent and the Doctor
- 1.11 The Lodger
- 1.12 & 1.13 The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Consultant: Steven Moffat
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This was the twenty-seventh in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed on 30 December 2010 and had a cover price of £6.99 (UK).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #27 – The Doctor Who Companion: Series Five: Volume Two.
- This release also included information on the two Meanwhile in the TARDIS scenes that came as bonuses on the Doctor Who Complete Series 5 DVD.