DWMSE 23 was the first of three issues of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition that explored the production of The Sarah Jane Adventures. The issue investigated series 1 and 2 of the programme, and it gave readers a look at the origins of the character of Sarah Jane Smith.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
Interview: Elizabeth Sladen
- Elisabeth Sladen talks about her life, her career, and over three decades of playing the one and only Sarah Jane Smith ...
Episode Guide[edit | edit source]
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast dates, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippet and connections.
- 1.1 / 1.2 Revenge of the Slitheen
- 1.3 / 1.4 Eye of the Gorgon
- 1.5 / 1.6 Warriors of Kudlak
- 1.7 / 1.8 Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?
- 1.9 / 1.10 The Lost Boy
- 2.1 / 2.2 The Last Sontaran
- 2.3 / 2.4 The Day of the Clown
- 2.5 / 2.6 Secrets of the Stars
- 2.7 / 2.8 The Mark of the Berserker
- 2.9 / 2.10 The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith
- 2.11 / 2.12 Enemy of the Bane
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Deputy Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Consultant: Russell T Davies
- Cover Photography: Dan Goldsmith
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additional details[edit | edit source]
- This was the twenty-third in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in December 2009 and had a cover price of £5.99 (UK).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #23 – Sarah Jane Smith.
|name = DWMSE issues
|title = Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition
|state = collapsed
|groupwidth = 70px
|group1 = Doctor Who Magazine
Special Edition |list1 =