200 Golden Moments — A special collector's edition showcasing the most memorable scenes from all 200 Doctor Who TV stories — 1963 to 2009!
Over the last five decades, 200 Doctor Who stories have been shown on television. From the first incredible glimpse of the inside of the TARDIS in November 1963, to the arrival of a double-decker bus on an alien world at Easter 2009, the series has included countless "Golden Moments" that have entertained, shocked, surprised and thrilled audiences of all ages.
Doctor Who Magazine is proud to present the ultimate celebration of Doctor Who's first 46 years in this very special publication. At least one Golden Moment is put under the spotlight from each and every one of the Doctor's amazing adventures — from 100,000 BC to Planet of the Dead. Relive Doctor Who's most exciting cliffhangers; the scariest shocks; the funniest scenes; and the most moving farewells. Maybe you'll even discover some Golden Moments you never knew existed!
Featuring contributions from a galaxy of writers, including Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer Steven Moffat; script writers Paul Cornell, James Moran, Gareth Roberts, Robert Shearman and Joseph Lidster; DWM historians Andrew Pixley, Philip MacDonald, Patrick Mulkern, Alan Barnes and Marcus Hearn; and Doctor Who novelists Peter Anghelides, Stephen Cole, Kate Orman, Jonathan Morris and Gary Russell, 200 Golden Moments is an affectionate tribute to the greatest television series of all time!
200 Golden Moments
- Stories 1-29
- Stories 30-50
- Stories 51-74
- Stories 75-115
- Stories 116-135
- Stories 136-143
- Stories 144-155
- Stories 156
- Stories 157-166
- Stories 167-200
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Assistant Designer: Richard Atkinson
- Consultants: Andrew Pixley and Nicholas Pegg
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This was the twenty-second in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- With Planet of the Dead being heralded as the two hundredth story (and recognised by a number 200 bus) DWM writers choose to select a Golden Moment from each story, illustrated by screenshots, relevant quotation and comment.
- This Special Edition is dedicated to the memories of Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert and William Hartnell.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in September 2009 and had a cover price of £6.99 (UK) .although according to the credits “Published under licence in May 2009”.
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #22 200 Golden Moments.
- A free copy of this issue was sent to anyone whose fan art was printed in Doctor Who Insider.