Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series
Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
Doctor Who reached staggering new levels of success in 2008, as over ten million avid viewers followed the story of "supertemp" Donna Noble and her amazing journey from the "fat-fighting" Adipose Industries, to the last days of Pompeii, the planet of the Ood, a sinister library in space and an alternative reality in which she never met that amazing time-traveller ... the Doctor! This year, audiences met the Doctor's daughter and Agatha Christie, saw the Earth invaded by Sontarans, and witnessed the Doctor reunited with his friends to stop Davros and the Daleks from destroying reality itself!
Now, Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes of the incredible series, with an in-depth episode-by-episode guide, including original storylines, deleted scenes, and thousands of facts about the day-to-day life of making Doctor Who — all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs. We cover all 13 episodes of Series Four, plus the Children in Need Special Time Crash — which reunited the Fifth and Tenth Doctors for the first time — the Titanic smash hit 2007 Christmas Special Voyage of the Damned co-starring Kylie Minogue, and even the specially-made trailers for the series.
Plus an exclusive introduction written by Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer Russell T Davies.
This is your essential guide to the worlds of Doctor Who. Get ready to discover the things waiting in the darkness — creatures of fire, metal and blood ...
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, shooting scripts, full cast and crew credits, broadcast dates, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippet and connections.)
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Deputy Editor: Peter Ware
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Consultant: Russell T Davies
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Cover: Stuart Manning
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This was the twentieth in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in November 2008 and had a cover price of £5.99 (UK).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #20 – The Doctor Who Companion: Series Four.