May 2011 issue of the short-lived North American Doctor Who Magazine sister title. Like many North American magazines, its cover date was misleading. It was actually made available for purchase a month earlier, on 7 April.
- The Eleventh Doctor Returns
- Nicholas Coutney 1929-2011
- Matt Smith
Darren Scott talks to Matt Smith about what we can expect from the new adventures ...
- Michael Pickwoad
Cavan Scott talks to the production designer on his inspiration and work on A Christmas Carol
- Audio Adventures: Return of the Heroes
Cavan Scott previews the new adventures of the Fifth Doctor reuniting, Tegan Jovanka, Nyssa, Vislor Turlough and a return of the Sontarans.
- Jacqueline Pearce
“I Was Chessene of the Franzine Grig.”
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
- Pyramids of Mars – a glimpse of the devastated world of 1980 if Sutekh isn't stopped in 1911.
Data File Edit
- A Christmas Carol – an annotated photo-montage of this adventure.
Time Scoop Edit
- DVD Insider
- Kinda story overview includes interview with Janet Fielding (Tegan)
- Snakedance story overview includes interview with Marc Platt (writer)
- Audio Insider
- The Jade Pyramid Eleventh Doctor audio adventure
- The Gemini Contagion Eleventh Doctor audio adventure
- Books Insider
- Store Insider
- Character Option action figure sets (Revelation of the Daleks, Resurrection of the Daleks and The Sontaran Experiment sets)
- Ripple Junction T-Shirts
Fan Zone Edit
- Scanner Screen (readers photograph feature)
- The Recreation Generator (fantastic fan creation feature)
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Editorial Assistant: Martin Ross
- Designers: Alex Foot, Caroline Dunk
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- An exterior model shot of the TARDIS exterior was filmed of the devastated Earth in 1980 – the world of an undefeated Sutekh. But this was unused in the Pyramids of Mars. The clip was included in the DVD release as an extra.
- Actor Nicholas Courtney worked with nine of the eleven doctors to have played the role on TV (including Paul McGann and David Tennant on audio).
- In the Buddhist religion (used as the inspiration for Kinda and Snakedance written by Christopher Bailey), Mara is the demon that tried to tempt Buddha, while Deva Loka is the realm where gods exist. Panna means wisdom and Dukkha is suffering. Manussa is the human realm and Tanha means craving.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd offered readers in the UK the chance to subscribe to this title, which was very much seen as a sister title to their long running Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring the Eleventh Doctor cover photograph and the A Christmas Carol double page Data File photo-montage on the reverse (but without the annotated text)
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.