Magazine content Edit
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into nine categories that could be filed accordingly.
- This Soothsayer was handy with a ceremonial dagger.
- Time beetle
- This creature crept up on its victims – and ruled their lives.
- William Hartnell
- A profile of the actor who played the first ever Doctor.
- In at the Deep End!
- Find out about the Doctor Who story that was all at sea.
- Sontaran Clone
- Check out the slimy secret's of the Sontaran pool ...
- "Wasp Attack!"
- Who was the body in the library?
- Planet of the Spiders
- The Third Doctor makes his last stand.
- Mankind would one day settle on this far-off world ...
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "Where there's life there's ..."
- At a remote meditation centre in the English countryside, giant spiders are appearing out of thin air. Sarah Jane Smith investigates, only to discover that the mutant arachnoids are hyper-intelligent mutants from the planet of Metebelis III. What do the Spiders want from the Doctor? Can Mike Yates be trusted? Who are the "Two Legs" and what are they doing on the Blue Planet? And will the Doctor survive his visit to the Cave of the Great One? Only time will tell ...
Notable information Edit
- The first time the word "regeneration" was used in Doctor Who was in Planet of the Spiders.
- The First Doctor was played by the actor William Henry Hartnell, who was born on 8 January 1908 at St Pancras, London. He died on 23 April 1975.
- The planet Pluto was named after the Roman God of the Underworld and was discovered in the 1930s by astronomer Clyde William Tombaugh.
- The Unicorn and the Wasp featured 19 Agatha Christie book titles in the dialogue.
- Agatha Christie disappeared in December 1926 but the script for The Unicorn and the Wasp was changed because snowy settings were also used for Planet of the Ood.
- Subscribers received a further storage file with this issue.
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: Peter Griffiths
- Illustrators: none credited this issue
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.