- You may wish to consult
Cyberon (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Cyberon was an anthology published by Arcbeatle Press on 2020. As well as an expanded novelisation of the 2001 BBV drama Cyberon, the anthology also contained five short stories featuring the titular Cyberons.
Although the home video version of Cyberon contained no elements from the Doctor Who universe upon its original release, it was notable for introducing the characters of Lauren Anderson and Ray Lambert, who went on to feature in Zygon: When Being You Just Isn't Enough. In this book, the Preternatural Research Bureau investigated the aftermath of the original narrative, with the release acting as a companion to the revival of the P.R.O.B.E. franchise, also published by Arcbeatle Press. The Cyberons themselves had previously been reintroduced by way of a mention in A Bright White Crack, an instalment of Cwej: The Series.
Some weeks before the release of the anthology, Arcbeatle Press released the animated webcast Cyberon is Back!!, described as "an overture to the upgraded horror to come".
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Doctor Anderson is wrong...
Cyberon is different. Mordley knows it's a wonder drug, and it's going to revolutionise medicine. He thinks it may even revolutionise the world. But neither of them realise that Cyberon has its own plans. Even if they did, could they do anything to stop it?
Stories[edit | edit source]
|1||Flight of the Cyberons||James Hornby||Cyberon, Albert||21 September 2020|
|2||Cyberon||Lauren, Ray, Tom|
|3||The Last Dose||Louise, Patsy, Tom, Lauren, Ray, Albert, Cyberon|
|4||Silver-Tongued Liars||James Wylder||Patsy, Dr Haggard, Giles, Tom, Lauren, Ray, Louise|
|5||A Worthy Successor||James Hornby, James Wylder||Giles, Archie, Dr Haggard, Gendar, Selachians|
|6||Barnyard of the Cyberons||Tyche McPhee Letts||Cwej, Larles, Kwol, Aesc|
|7||The Blue Scream of Death||Cyberon, Giles|
|Under Construction||James Wylder|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This anthology was the first print release by Arcbeatle Press in their partnership with BBV Productions.
- The Cyberon on the cover was designed by James Lee, based on the original design by Terry Cooper.
- Because of technical issues with Amazon, the anthology recieved an early digital release on 21 September with the print version becoming available on 22 September. The originally announced release date was 24 September.
- Under Construction was a preview story for the revival of the WARS franchise, also being helmed by Arcbeatle Press. It was unrelated to Cyberon and contained no elements of the Doctor Who universe. Bri Crozier drew the accompanying illustration.
[edit | edit source]
to be added
Footenotes[edit | edit source]
- Full Under Construction text