"Logically, the war ends with one form of life in utter control of the world. All other life forms gone. That is the goal — that is the only true victory!"
Now established within the Scientific Elite, Davros and his team are pushing the boundaries of Kaled experimentation further and further forward. Access to Thal DNA spearheads an entirely new field of research for Davros, and as he becomes more and more intrigued by genetic mutations, others around him begin to fear him, his drive and his obsessive need for power.
Meanwhile he must learn to cope with betrayal and political manoeuvrings that will leave him changed forever...
to be added
- Coordinator Davros - Terry Molloy
- Renna - Lucy Beresford
- Scientist Ral - David Bickerstaff
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Councillor Valron - Seán Carlsen
- Section Leader Fenn - Daniel Hogarth
- Lady Calcula - Carolyn Jones
- Scientist Shan - Katarina Olsson
- The Supremo - John Stahl
- Matros still serves on the Council of Twelve and has risen to the rank of the High Councillor. Davros refused to take his daughter to a state dinner the night before the Thal attempt on his life.
- The name of the Thal state is the Thal Republic.
- DNA makes up living creatures on Skaro and all living creatures on Skaro have a double helix.
- Drammankin Lake is now known as the Lake of Mutations.
- Davros determines that, in spite of their outward resemblance, the Kaleds and the Thals' evolution diverged a hundred million years prior to the Thousand Year War. This is approximately the era when life first evolved on Skaro.
- Most lifeforms that existed on Skaro have become extinct. Consequently, natural foodstuffs are a rare commodity.
- Davros is now a Coordinator within the Scientific Elite.
- Joining the Kaled Military Youth is not technically mandatory, but in practice it is.
- The Darrien province is the area where Shan and her family used to live. It is now a radioactive glass desert. They once owned more than half of the province.
- Shan's father Colonel Krakor is a senior member of the Military Elite. He turned down a place on the Council of Twelve to remain on the battlefield.
- Davros developed a device which cured cancer one year earlier.
- The Supremo orders Fenn to destroy Davros' laboratory. Calcula then exposes herself and Fenn to a massive dose of radiation.
- Skaro's sun can no longer be seen from the Kaled Dome due to the high levels of radiation in the atmosphere. According to Valron, there has not been a proper summer for the last three years as a result.
- Butterflies existed on Skaro prior to the war.
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 August 2006.
- The story was reissued in 2007 as part of The Complete Davros Collection DVD boxset.
- Some of the events in this story were first touched upon in AUDIO: Davros.
- Drammankin Lake is now commonly referred to as the Lake of Mutations and is one of the few places on Skaro where animal and plant life can flourish as the Thousand Year War has destroyed Skaro's ecosystem. (AUDIO: Innocence, TV: The Daleks)
- Davros and Shan collect rodents for genetic research. (AUDIO: Davros)
- Davros tells Shan that he saw Kaleds being mutated by the Varga plants in the Wastelands years earlier. (AUDIO: Purity)
- Davros mentions that she wrote a paper suggesting the Kaled race would need to be re-engineered to survive on Skaro after the war, which she called "the Dalek Solution." (AUDIO: Davros)
- Davros refers to the Varga plants and the Mutos. (TV: Mission to the Unknown, Genesis of the Daleks; AUDIO: Purity)
- Years later, the Thal spy Baran would read Davros' report about his experiments on his mother's corpse after she had been mutated by the radiation. (AUDIO: Guilt)
- Davros's conviction that Kaleds and Thals are not closely related is supported by the experiments of the Halldons. (PROSE: We are the Daleks!)