- You may be looking for the comic story of the same name.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's 2020 and Lucy Wilson is stuck at home, locked down with her family and feeling glum. She's used to being the hero, but this particular type of heroism is hard and slow. Luckily, her friend Hobo is just a few clicks away. Isn't modern technology amazing?
But why does the video keep glitching? Who's that smiling with Lucy's face? And can she really save the world when she can't even leave her house?
to be added
- Lucy is in day six of lockdown.
- Lucy wonders what socks are good for if one cannot go to school, play in a park or run through an alien ship after sabotaging the evil dark lord Zhregg's plan.
- Lucy's teachers are called Miss Mayhew, Mr Johnson, and Mrs Garrick.
- There are reruns of The Billy Bandril Show on the TV.
- Lucy sees and chats with her friends and family through Whoosh.
- There are many digital worlds in the cyberspace.
- Hobo recalls that meme means idea.
Story notes Edit
- Although many short stories were released online during the COVID-19 pandemic, this was the first one to explicitly take place during the actual pandemic, as well as the first to reference the virus itself (albeit indirectly).
- The releases themselves are referenced as well, noting, "Her favourite shows and writers were releasing special free content to keep their fans upbeat and excited, and they could all share that excitement online".
- Released in the same document was File #161229. This wiki considers it to be a separate story.
- Lucy has invited more people into the Whoosh! group chat, including alien hunters from Cardiff (TV: Everything Changes, et al.) and people from Ealing who protected the Earth when they were Lucy and Hobo's age. (TV: Invasion of the Bane, WC: Farewell, Sarah Jane)