- You may wish to consult
Conversion (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Conversion was the two-part story comprising part of the two hundred and fifty eighth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Guy Adams and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Janet Fielding as Tegan and George Watkins as Marc.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
On the fringes of the galaxy, techno-pirates and research medics fight for the secrets of advanced extra-terrestrial technology. For the Doctor, however, a more personal battle awaits as he confronts his own guilt and the creatures that killed a friend: the Cybermen.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Marc - George Watkins
- Combatta - Pepter Lunkuse
- Herb - Angela Bruce
- Creasey - Liz Sutherland-Lim
- Cyber Lieutenant - Mark Hardy
- The Cyber Leader - David Banks
References[edit | edit source]
- Combatta has programmed all the medical drones with her personality. She believes wiggling her tentacles is calming for humans.
- The planet the Doctor and Tegan visit has been completed converted, with the Cybermen all remaining dormant until needed. They are not aware of intruders unless fired upon; when firing ceases, they become disinterested again.
- The Doctor tries to hack into the cyber-mainframe.
- To trick Herb and Creasey, the Doctor promises to give them the secret of time travel.
- Marc's cyber-conversion is only internal, leaving his skin unchanged, as part of a new infiltration programme.
- The Doctor decides everyone needs a break, and departs in the TARDIS, leaving Marc, Nyssa, and Tegan on Callanna with some money.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story follows directly on from Warzone.
- At the end of the story the Fifth Doctor leaves Tegan, Nyssa, and Marc on Callanna. This is followed up on in the story Madquake.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor recalls the death of Adric. (TV: Earthshock)
- Marc is still suffering his cyber-conversion. (AUDIO: Warzone)
- The Cyber-Leader states he's met the Doctor before and that his consciousness was downloaded into a new body. He remembers the Doctor using his own weapon against him.(TV: Earthshock)
- Marc's cyber-conversion is alluded to when the Doctor visits Cicero. (AUDIO: Tartarus)
- The Cybermen are of the design identified by ArcHivist Hegelia as "CyberNeomorph". (AUDIO: The Ultimate Cybermen)
[edit | edit source]