These splinters met the Doctor in many forms, each time being born and dying. She met and saved the lives of the Doctor's first twelve incarnations (excluding his war incarnation). She noted, however, that he rarely ever noticed her. (TV: The Name of the Doctor) However, Clara realised that not all of these splinters died after saving the Doctor, and many lived their own lives. (COMIC: Blood and Ice)
Her many lives and encounters with the Doctor included, but were certainly not limited to:
- The First Doctor as he was stealing a TARDIS from Gallifrey. She told him not to steal the one he intended to take but the one next to it, as even though the navigation system was ”knackered”, he would have much more fun.
- The Second and Eighth Doctors were both present in a park with palm trees.
- The Third Doctor driving past her in Bessie. When she tried to shout his name, he turned to his rear view mirror, catching a glimpse of her.
- The Fourth Doctor on Gallifrey where Clara tried to catch up to him.
- The Fifth Doctor battling Omega inside the Matrix.
- The Sixth Doctor walking through the TARDIS and past one of Clara's splinters; she called out to him, but he didn't seem to notice her.
- She watched the Tenth Doctor while in the Library. (TV: The Name of the Doctor)
- Clara spotted the Seventh Doctor clinging onto the edge of a cliff on Iceworld in the far future (TV: Dragonfire) and he seemed to notice her. (TV: The Name of the Doctor)
- As a queen or monarch of some sort.
- As a Morestran.
- As an inhabitant of Atlantis.
- As a member of the Happiness Patrol.
- As a Guardian on the Ark during the 57th Segment of Time.
- As a Maori from New Zealand.
- As an Egyptian, possibly a monarch.
- As a military officer, circa World War II.
- As a 51st century astronaut. (COMIC: Blood and Ice)
At one point after Amy Pond and Rory Williams were sent to the past in New York City, an elderly echo of Clara noticed that Amy had a similar "glow" about her that the Doctor had, but Amy's was fading. She decided to follow Amy, in case she ever needed help. One Fall, when Amy and Rory vacationed at Lake Erie, Amy finally spoke to her and the echo asked her to pass on a message: "Run you clever boy, and remember..." Amy later wrote about this encounter in a foreword to an edition of her book Summer Falls, addressing it to the Doctor; her description of the encounter and her quoting of Clara leaves it unclear as to whether this echo ever actually encountered the Doctor. (PROSE: Summer Falls and Other Stories)