City at World's End was the twenty-fourth novel in the BBC Past Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis, released 6 September 1999 and featured the First Doctor, Ian Chesterton, Barbara Wright and Susan Foreman.
This was the second novel of the BBC series to feature this line up of Doctor and companions. Along with Interference - Book One this is the first novel to feature the new blue Doctor Who logo; previous to this novel the logo was silver coloured.
The inhabitants of the city are pinning all their hopes on a final desperate gamble for survival. Behind the scenes there are jealous factions at work, secretly contesting for the chance to shape the destiny of a new world. Beneath its ordered surface, Arkhaven is a city of secrets and mysteries where outward appearances can be deceptive.
Is the thing they call the "Creeper" really at large in Arkhaven's eerie outer zone — and is it beast or machine? What is the hidden force at work that has acted so strangely upon Susan?
With Barbara lost and the countdown to doomsday drawing to a climax, the Doctor must discover the true nature of the final enemy — or is that enemy simply fear itself?
to be added
- The First Doctor
- Ian Chesterton
- Barbara Wright
- Mayor Brantus Draad
- Supervisor Curton
- Archdeacon Zeckler
- Bishop Fostel
- Harlo Gelvert
- Android Susan
- Captain Benadik Lant
- Lord Vendam
- Plaxander Vendam
- Prince Keldo Arrosthenos
- Nyra Shardri
- Professor Tovel Jarrasen
- Thorken Menanius
- Commandant Breen
- Commander Pardek
- Captain Terrel
- After being injured, Susan thinks that it's time to "begin the change".
- Keldo is Prince of the Taklarians.
- Brantus Draad is mayor of Arkhaven.
- Bishop Fostel is leader of the Church.
- This is the first novel in the BBC Past Doctor Adventures line to use the blue Doctor Who logo on its cover and spine. Before this it was a silver logo.
- Ian mentions the Daleks. (TV: The Daleks)
- Susan mentions seeing a human-colonised planet with its history lost or distorted before. (PROSE: The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: City at World's End at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: City at World's End