Citadel of Dreams was the second Telos Doctor Who novella. It featured the Seventh Doctor and Ace. This was author Dave Stone's third long-form Doctor Who story featuring the Seventh Doctor, he had previously written the novels Death and Diplomacy and Sky Pirates!.
Publisher's summary Edit
In the city-state of Hokesh, time plays tricks; the present is unreliable, the future impossible to intimate. A derelict street child, Joey Quine, finds himself subject to horrifying visions and fugues. His only friend in this, the only one to whom he can turn for help, is a mysterious stranger who calls herself Ace.
And in an unknowable future the Doctor is busily inciting a state of bloody unrest, on the basis that one must be cruel to be kind — simultaneously, for preference. The Glorious Ruler of the city, Magnus Solaris, is worried: his memory is failing him; his influence deserting him; his city is falling apart. What is happening to him truly? Only the Doctor knows — and he's not telling.
There is worse to come. As both world and time crumble, Magnus Solaris and Joey Quine will unearth secrets the like of which nobody in Hokesh could have ever possibly suspected.
to be added
to be added
- The illustration was part of the Deluxe Edition and was created by Lee Sullivan.
- This story includes a foreword by Andrew Cartmel.
- The Doctor is still a vegetarian. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- Ace has a new baseball bat. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Citadel of Dreams at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Citadel of Dreams