- You may wish to consult
Children in Need (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
As with Time Crash, this was a benefit production for the Children in Need charity and the cast and crew's time were donated. Russell T Davies noted that the production (for both Time Crash and this Confidential) took place on a Sunday, which would normally have been a day off.
This episode was produced without narration. In place of closing titles, the telephone number for donations was shown.
Aspects of production covered
- Russell T Davies discusses the honour of being asked to do another special mini-episode for Children in Need.
- David Tennant and Peter Davison discuss working with each other.
- Steven Moffat discusses the basics of the plot.
- The sourcing of all the elements of the Fifth Doctor's outfit for the production, as noted by Louise Page and Peter Davison.
- Filming on Time Crash.
- Phil Collinson talks about the excitement of uniting two Doctors.
- The humour of the script, and how both Doctors carry it well.
Additional topics covered
- Graeme Harper discusses the joys of working with two Doctor actors.
- Steven Moffat, Writer
- Peter Davison, The Fifth Doctor
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Louise Page, Costume Designer
- Russell T Davies & Phil Collinson, Head Writer & Series Producer
- Graeme Harper, Director
No crew were credited for this episode.
Both the opening and closing are incredibly shortened, with a short variant of the Confidential theme tune, no opening title footage montage, and no closing title credits.
Home video releases
As of August 2020, no version of the episode is available commercially.