Publisher's summary Edit
When Honoré and Emily investigate the bones of a young woman in the ruins of a collapsed house, they are thrown into a thrilling adventure that takes them from London in 1951 to Venice in 1586 and then forward a thousand years, to the terrifying, devastated London of 2586, ruled over by the sinister Sodality.
What is the terrible truth about Emily's forgotten past? What demonic power are the Sodality plotting to reawaken? And who is the mysterious Dr Smith?
All is revealed in the stunning conclusion to the acclaimed Time Hunter series.
Part mystery, part detective story, part dark fantasy, part science fiction ... original adventures in time and space.
to be added
- Honoré Lechasseur
- Emily Blandish
- Dr Smith
- The Grand Master
- High Executioner
- All time sensitives and time channellers were created by the Sodality.
- Honoré wonders whether he should move back to Louisiana.
- There is an advert in 2586 for Transmat.
- Big Ben is in ruins by 2586.
- Percival escaped the Sodality by transporting to another time.
- The Doctor sees a painting of Charles I's beheading. He remarks that the depiction was not how it actually happened.
- Mastho was first revived by the Sodality in an English village in the 21st century, but travelled back in time to 1586. (HOMEVID: Dæmos Rising)
- Honoré and Emily previously encountered the Cabal of the Horned Beast. (PROSE: The Severed Man)
- The ancient book was used by the first Grand Master to summon Azal in Devil's End, (TV: The Dæmons) and was stolen by Douglas Cavendish in 2004. (HOMEVID: Dæmos Rising)
- The mechanical hybrids created by the Sodality are similar to Abraxas. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)
- Honoré and Emily haven't spoken for weeks since their encounter with their alternative selves. (PROSE: The Sideways Door)
- Dr Smith and the Cabinet of Light return in this story. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)
- The time-sensitive children created by the Sodality are related to the Peculiar. (PROSE: Peculiar Lives)
- Emily's identity and the cause of her memory loss is revealed. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)
- Honoré thinks back to before the Albino, the Fendahl and Abraxas. (PROSE: Deus Le Volt, The Albino's Dancer, The Cabinet of Light)
- Honoré visits the morgue where he once saw Emily's corpse. (PROSE: The Winning Side)
- In the other 2586 controlled by the Sodality, the tower of Big Ben was splintered away as if something had crashed into the side of it long ago. (TV: Aliens of London)
- The people of 2586 have rumours of how their world had been blighted. One is that creatures rose out of the oceans to reclaim their ancestral homeland. (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians)
- Honoré and Emily wonder whether the High Executioner is Mestizer. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light, The Tunnel at the End of the Light)
Audio release Edit
The story was released as an audiobook read by Terry Molloy.