- Note: You are recreating a page that was previously deleted. [More info]
Cool! A new category!
Want to write a great category page? Here are some tips:
- Remember to give links to other categories that are related, if applicable. This done by typing:
[[:category:name]]The colon (:) in front of the word "category" ensures that you'll give a link to the category, rather than put this page in that category.
- Ensure that your new category is itself in the right category. Group like things together. Don't group things that aren't alike together. For instance, a category about people who have a certain kind of job, like waiting staff, shouldn't be inside a category about the place where they work, restaurants, because people aren't restaurants. Instead, the category page at restaurants should be written so as to show where other related but dissimilar categories are.
- Familiarize yourself with the general organizational scheme laid down at Floor 500. Do not put categories in more than one of the four "super-categories" described there.
- Make sure you're not duplicating another category. Search for some of its keywords on Special:Search.