Cat Litter was a Seventh Doctor comic story published in DWM 192 and set entirely within the TARDIS. It acted as something of a prologue for the novel Love and War, with Ace's room being replaced with Benny's.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Trapped in a TARDIS where the internal dimensions are constantly in flux, Ace must find the Doctor and work out what's happening...
Plot[edit | edit source]
Ace finds that the TARDIS is cluttered with a huge amount of junk and takes it upon herself to clean it up. She asks the Doctor for assistance, but he brushes her off, claiming he has better things to do.
In the console room, Ace finds that a plan of the TARDIS has appeared on the scanner. She notices that a room has just been deleted and suddenly, all around her, the environment begins to change. She has to run in a desperate attempt to find the Doctor which he eventually manages to do. He tells her that her room has been deleted and replaced by someone else's room. Ace asks him if it's another companion and he tells her the TARDIS is probably planning ahead.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- On the board there is a note stating "please leave bathroom as you would like to find it" signed Frobisher and a so-called "Osiran spiral spine staircase".
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each panel in the first seven pages of this strip is assigned a number. This is displayed in the corner of each one, counting down from forty-five.
- A double-page spread is taken up by twenty-three panels that form something akin to a snakes and ladders board.
- An opening annotation places this story directly after what are referred to as the consecutive events of Memorial and Nightshade.
- This is the last DWM comic to feature a young teenage Ace until Ground Zero. At the same time in the books, Ace was written out in favour of Bernice Summerfield, a change that is heralded by Ace's room being deleted in this strip. It is replaced with Benny's.
- A closing caption states "After Love and War. A new companion and...Sontarans!"
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added