Case File Eight, subtitled Morax, was released online in 2018, alongside The Witchfinders.
- The Morax were an ancient species who were captured and imprisoned on Earth for war crimes.
- In their natural form, the Morax appeared as tendrils of mud, but could possess humans.
- Witch-hunts occurred in Lancashire in the 17th century.
- The Morax army was incarcerated inside Pendle Hill, close to the village of Bilehurst Cragg.
- Bilehurst means "sacred tree on a hill". The tree served as a lock for the Morax.
- When the tree was cut down in the 1600s, the Morax started to ooze out and take over human bodies, both reanimated corpses and living hosts.
- Old Mother Twiston was condemned as a witch but came back as a Morax.
- Team TARDIS' attempt to deal with the Morax was hampered by King James I of England, who was a "big fan" of witch-hunting.
- James I reigned as King of England from 1603 to 1625.
- Yaz observed that hatred was worse than the Morax, as neighbour turned against neighbour.
- Though dickens and hangings are gone, hatred still exists today. Yaz notes that we are all "part of one home".
- Willa Twiston is quoted: "I'll be with you, in the water, in the fire, in the air, in the Earth."
Story notes Edit
- Case File Eight uses imagery from the television story The Witchfinders.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.