Burning Heart was the thirtieth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Dave Stone and featured the Sixth Doctor and Peri Brown. The novel takes place sometime after Vengeance on Varos.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
- There's a god in the machine — and the god is insane.
In the self-contained Habitat on Dramos, things are getting out of control. Twenty million humans and aliens are at each other's throats, the lid barely held on by the Church of Adjudication, who through their OBERON systems wield absolute power. And we all know what absolute power does.
Other things have been corrupted too. People, human and alien alike, are changing - mutating into something that, if left unchecked, could consume their entire enclosed world.
Arriving in this disintegrating cosmopolitan society, Peri falls in with the charismatic leader of Human First, a movement dedicated to bringing order out of chaos. Meanwhile, the Sixth Doctor is powerless, imprisoned and put to the Inquisition by a church that really thinks its God is coming back.
If somebody doesn't do something, and do it soon, nobody's getting out alive.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Sixth Doctor
- Peri Brown
- Avron Jelks
- High Churchman Garon
- Joseph Craator
- Nadia Chong
- Queegvogel Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck Seven
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Peri recalls the Doctor's most recent regeneration (TV: The Caves of Androzani) and his resigned attitude towards the TARDIS stalling. (TV: Vengeance on Varos)
- Xxigzzh is a Medusoid. (TV: Frontier in Space)
- Xxigzzh was arrested for selling Oolian luck-possets. (PROSE: Original Sin)