The TARDIS makes a return trip to the jungle planet of Spiridon, when the Doctor and Charley fall in with a lost platoon of shellshocked Thal soldiers - victims of a sneak attack by their blood enemies, the Daleks.
Besiged by deadly flora, surrounded by invisible monsters, and with all hope of rescue gone, the Thals are the victims of a grim experiment in psychological warfare.
With the very nature of reality under threat, the Doctor and Charley need each other more than ever. But dark forces are conspiring to tear them apart...
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Murgat - Michael Cochrane
- Tamarus - Harriet Kershaw
- Valion - Derek Carlyle
- Nyaiad - Jo Casatleton
- Jesic - Alison Thea-Skot
- Septal - Steve Hansell
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor uses the alias of a botanist named Doctor Brown.
- The Doctor initially thinks that he and Charley have landed on the planet Spiridon.
- The Doctor and Charley encounter the Thals.
- The Thal homeworld is New Davias.
- The Doctor encountered the kyropite in his fifth incarnation.
- Charley mentions the Web of Time.
- Charley mentions having seen the her Doctor die in the year 500002.
- The replicant version of the Doctor mentions the Laws of Time.
- In an hallucination/dream state a Black Dalek makes an appearance.
- Dalekanium is mentioned as being the alloy the Daleks' casing is constructed of.
- Charley coins the phrase Thaleks; Daleks that believe they are Thals.
- There is a red Dalek present amongst the Thaleks.
- The Daleks' movement throughout this audio has a similar noise to those used in the BBC Wales revived series.
- Charley recalls the events of BFA: The Doomwood Curse.
- The Doctor was previously on Spiridon in DW: Planet of the Daleks, and returned to the planet in BFA: Return of the Daleks.
- Charley previously encountered the Daleks in BFA: The Time of the Daleks.
- Charley mentions the events of BFA: The Girl Who Never Was.
- Charley calls the Daleks 'Thaleks', a name used to describe alternate universe Daleks in DWU: Auld Mortality.
- The Thals/Thaleks refer to the Doctor as 'Doctor of TARDIS' a name used by the Doctor in DW: Tooth and Claw.
- The Doctor previously encountered the dream/mind altering kyropite plants used in this story in BFA: The Mind's Eye.
- Charley recounts her first meeting with the Doctor that occured in BFA: Storm Warning.
- Brotherhood of the Daleks occurs after: The Doomwood Curse
- Brotherhood of the Daleks occurs before: Return of the Krotons