Brave New Town was the third story in the second series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jonathan Clements and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's like The Village That Time Forgot!
The inhabitants of the quiet seaside town of Thorington in Suffolk are living the same day over and over again. What's so special about the 1st of September 1991? Why haven't the villagers noticed that the same song has been number one for years? And just where on Earth has the sea disappeared to? The Doctor and Lucie must solve the mystery before the 'visitors' return...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Jason Taylor - Derek Griffiths
- McCarthy - Adrian Dunbar
- Sally Taylor - Lorna Want
- PC Sharp/Karimov - Nick Wilton
- Margaret/Vitas - Katarina Olsson
- Uzbekistan is located in Central Asia.
- The Aral Sea is located, at least partially, in Uzbekistan.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Nestene Consciousness and the Autons in an audio drama.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- In this story, Lucie makes specific reference to not being able to read Russian, an example of the apparently inconsistently limited functionality of the translation circuit.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on 2 November 2008.
- During his second incarnation, the Doctor previously visited Uzbekistan in August 1919 in the company of Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot. (AUDIO: The Memory Cheats)
- Sentient Autons like the ones seen in this story would later appear in TV: The Pandorica Opens.
- The Doctor mentions the Auton meteorites that fell to Earth in the 1970s. (TV: Spearhead from Space)
- The events of this audio are still in the Doctor's memory when he is in his tenth incarnation. (PROSE: Autonomy)
- Official Brave New Town page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Brave New Town at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide