- You may be looking for the comic story.
"You want more time Mr Brown, of course, you do. We all want more time. Let me make you an offer..."
Andrew Brown never has enough time. No time to call his sister, or to prepare for that important presentation at the bank where he works. The train's late, the lift jams. If only he'd had just a little more time. And time is the business of Mr Symington and Mr Blenkinsop. They'll lend him some – at a very reasonable rate of interest.
Detecting a problem, the Doctor, Amy and Rory go undercover at the bank. But they have to move fast to stop Symington and Blenkinsop before they cash in their investments.
to be added
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Andrew Brown
- Mr Symington
- Mr Blenkinsop
- Nadia Montgomery
- Vanessa Laing-Rabdall
- Sameera Jenkins
- Jane Blythe
- Brian Edelman
- Dan Logovik
- Earth is referred to as "the most frequently attacked, colonised, exploited and enslaved planet in the Five Galaxies".
- In the aftermath of Symington and Blenkinsop's defeat, the cleanup at the bank is taken care of by UNIT and Torchwood.
- The Doctor claims to be a unicorn.
Foods and Beverages
- The Millennium Dome is being used as a secret self-storage depot for intergalactic travellers called "Little Green Storage", under the auspices of a small alien called the Yomalet-Ram.
- The Doctor gives twenty years of his own lifetime to settle the debt Amy incurred on her Time Harvester.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor mentions the Mandragora Helix, suggesting that a temporal flux caused by it was responsible for the death of renaissance nobleman Piero de Medici. (TV: The Masque of Mandragora)
- The Doctor mentions World War VI. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor mentions needing to keep a diary again. The Second Doctor previously used a diary when he first regenerated (TV: The Power of the Daleks) and the Eighth Doctor also had one. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor encounters a group of robots attempting to assemble a TARDIS console using a burned book, which could possibly be the Doctor's TARDIS manual, recovered from the supernova he claimed to have thrown it in. (TV: Amy's Choice)
- UNIT is mentioned. (TV: Aliens of London)
- The Doctor is referred to as the "Raggedy Doctor". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, et al)
- When Amy borrows time, she visits her parents. (TV: The Big Bang)
- The Doctor mentions having faced Genghis Khan; (PROSE: Blood Harvest, TV: Rose)
- The story was released as an audiobook download read by Meera Syal and was available from the AudioGo website before the company went into administration.
Additional cover images
Editions published outside Britain
- Published in France by Milady in 2012 as a paperback edition.
- Published in China by New Star Press in February 2021 as a paperback edition.
- This novel was released as an audiobook in April 2012 complete and unabridged by BBC Audio and read by Meera Syal.
- Official Borrowed Time page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Borrowed Time at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Borrowed Time