A few hundred years late to return his library books, the Eleventh Doctor and Amy find the library fully stocked, but abandoned and derelict. They inadvertently wake a Book Monster (a creature made up of books). The creature is hungry and as books are thrown around, more of the Book Monsters start to form.
Asking himself what books would eat, the Doctor decides to try offering the Book Monster a story. He starts telling the book monsters of his and Amy's visit to the planet of Sky-Sheep...
The monsters stop and listen as Amy continues the story, telling of how a pack of Space-Wolves turn up and armed with guns, start to attack the peaceful rainbow-coloured sheep. Amy passes the story over to the Book Monsters to continue. The story is continued by the Book Monsters in superhero style, with the rescue of the Doctor, Amy and the Sky-Sheep. Leaving the Book Monsters to continue feeding their own minds the Doctor and Amy return to the TARDIS.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 164 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – Bad Vibrations!
- Amy wears the outfit she wore in TV: Victory of the Daleks.
- The Doctor returns to the Library. (TV: Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead)