Blue Veils and Golden Sands was a radio dramatisation about the life of Delia Derbyshire when she first joined the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, before she created the Doctor Who theme. It was similar to the later An Adventure in Space and Time in this way.
Publisher's summary Edit
Delia Derbyshire was the delightful and unusual woman who created the unique sound of the original Doctor Who theme tune. This is a dramatised account of her early days at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and her later recollections of that time.
to be added
- Delia Derbyshire - Sophie Thompson
- Peter Kember – Himself
- Anthony Newley – Stephen Critchlow
- Ron Grainer – Martin Hyder
- Producer – Scott Brooksbank
- Writer - Martyn Wade
- Producer & Director - Cherry Cookson
- Music advisor, arranger and composer of original music - Elizabeth Parker
to be added
- The story is named after a piece of incidental music composed by Delia Derbyshire, "Blue Veils & Golden Sands", for the documentary series The World About Us.
- This composition later appeared in the Doctor Who serial Inferno, and was released on Doctor Who at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop Volume 2.
- Official Blue Veils and Golden Sands listing on