Summary[edit | edit source]
Cyberleader Maxel leads a party to the dead world of Goth in search of a weapon that wiped out an entire civilization overnight. As they explore the war museum, they are watched by the Apocalypse Device, a synthetic creature carrying every conceivable disease and virus. The Cybermen are wiped out by telepathic nightmares and a lethal rust-like virus. Maxel realises the only reason for his survival is so he can take the Apocalypse Device off the planet. He activates the ship's self-destruct, destroying it and himself, leaving the Device trapped on the planet, until a Sontaran craft arrives...
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is one of five collaborations between writer Alan Moore and illustrator David Lloyd, who would later create the graphic novel V for Vendetta.
- This back up strip story was introduced and tailed by the Fourth Doctor as if recounting a story.
- The story portrays the Cybermen as uncharacteristically human in their thinking and speech patterns.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 35 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 36 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 37 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 38 (2) The End ?
Reprints[edit | edit source]
- Coloured and reprinted by Marvel in DW84 14
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Cybermen resembles those from The Invasion