Beyond the Ultimate Adventure was the sixth story of the sixth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Terrance Dicks and featured the Sixth Doctor, Crystal and Jason.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor, Crystal and Jason have survived monsters, Madame Delilah and Mrs T, but then their former enemy Karl calls them back to the Bar Galactica. The mercenary has a cryptic message concerning Ultima Thule, where fabled treasure and a threat to the universe await...
to be added
- The Doctor quotes Edgar Allan Poe's poem "Dream-Land" concerning Ultima Thule.
- The Doctor mentions that the Nazis believed in the legend of Ultima Thule, regarding it as being populated by Aryan supermen.
- After the audio story Peri and the Piscon Paradox, this is the second Companion Chronicle to feature Colin Baker, or any of the actors to play the Doctor, in the cast. Project: Nirvana, which features Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, is the third such story.
- This is the first original script that Terrance Dicks has written for performed Doctor Who since the television story The Five Doctors in 1983.
- This audio drama was recorded on 15 September 2010.
- Jason warns Crystal that she must never allow the Doctor to take her on a trip to Metebelis III in the Acteon Galaxy as it is nowhere near as peaceful as he claims. (TV: The Green Death, Planet of the Spiders)
- The Doctor, Jason and Crystal return to the Bar Galactica to attend Madame Delilah's funeral, which was her last request. (AUDIO: The Ultimate Adventure)
- Jason uses the TARDIS' food machine. (TV: The Daleks)
- The Doctor wears the large fur coat favoured by his second incarnation and mentions that it came in very handy when he encountered the Robot Yeti in Tibet in 1935. (TV: The Abominable Snowmen)
- The Eidolon manifests hallucinations of a vampire (TV: State of Decay), a Rutan Host (TV: Horror of Fang Rock) and a Raston Warrior Robot (TV: The Five Doctors) from the Doctor's memory. The Doctor recalls witnessing a Raston Warrior Robot destroying a squadron of Cybermen in the Death Zone on Gallifrey. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- The Doctor refers to his first trial at the hands of the Time Lords and his subsequent exile to Earth. (TV: The War Games, Spearhead from Space)