Beachhead was the first story in the audio anthology Doom Coalition 2, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
In an attempt to recharge his batteries after his confrontation with the Eleven, the Doctor takes Liv and Helen to the sleepy English seaside village of Stegmoor. But they find the village in turmoil and, to make matters worse, their arrival uncovers a mystery from the Doctor's past which threatens the future safety of the planet. Can the Doctor prevent the Voord from invading Earth? And more importantly why have they come in the first place?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Matilda Gregson - Rebecca Night
- Phillipa Gregson - Julia Hills
- Vestek - Andrew Dickens
- Ishtek / Lilly - Kirsty Besterman
- Helen notes that 2017 is still within her personal future, as she's probably an old woman if she's still alive.
- The Voord possess cryo-bays.
- Their ship camouflages by mimicking the molecular structure of the surrounding rocks and sand.
- Ishtek attempts to contact the Voord Survival Flotilla.
- The Third Doctor previously visited Stegmoor with UNIT, the Brigadier, and Liz Shaw.
- The Voord homeworld did not die anywhere near the 2017 time zone, meaning someone has changed established history.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- As of October 2019[update], this is the only Voord story in a performed medium not to feature the First Doctor.
- The Doctor has previously encountered the Voord on Marinus and Hydra. (TV: The Keys of Marinus, AUDIO: Domain of the Voord, COMIC: The World Shapers)
- Helen realises that some of her family might still be alive, but she is told by the Doctor not to try to contact them. She would later do just that when they visited Calcot in August 1998. (AUDIO: Absent Friends)
- Helen says she used to work for the National Museum. (AUDIO: The Red Lady)