Nightmarish memories of the Boer War. Crippling debts. An unconscious stranger in the garden. Arthur Daniels is beset with problems. Little does he know that his proposed solution could be the biggest problem of them all: a voyage to America aboard the RMS Titanic.
to be added
- Ninth Doctor
- Connie Daniels
- Arthur Daniels
- Edith Daniels
- Hattie Daniels
- Bertie Daniels
- Margaret Daniels
- William Spence
- The Doctor has his blue-tipped sonic screwdriver in his pockets.
- The Doctor leaves Connie a copy of The Time Machine.
- Arthur and Spence both fought in the second Boer War.
- This story was created to answer the question of why the Ninth Doctor had been with the Daniels family, as seen in Rose.
- This story marks the Ninth Doctor's first appearance in the Short Trips range.
- The Doctor whispers "no more" while unconscious. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- Connie Daniels says "Fantastic" to the Doctor when he awoke from unconsciousness. The Doctor grows fond of this term in the course of this story. This would go on to be a favourite word of his for the rest of his incarnation. (TV: Rose, Aliens of London, Father's Day, The Doctor Dances)
- The Doctor being with the Daniels family was part of conspiracy-theorist Clive Finch investigations into the Doctor in TV: Rose, obtaining a photograph of them together.
- The same image of the Doctor and the Daniels family would later be discovered by Adam Mitchell. (COMIC: Mystery Date)
- The Titanic's sinking was a key part of the Web of Time, and featured in the Doctor's history. The Seventh Doctor, Ace and Bernice Summerfield were on the Titanic, (PROSE: The Left-Handed Hummingbird) the Ninth Doctor had been on the ship and clung to an iceberg, (TV: The End of the World) and the Eleventh Doctor was on the Titanic shortly before he visited Klimtenburg. (PROSE: Plague of the Cybermen) Separately, the Master also travelled on the ship, (AUDIO: Mastermind) and both John Hart and Jack Harkness appeared on the Titanic to claim a diamond that was lost during the disaster. (AUDIO: The Death of Captain Jack)
- William Spence picked up an alien weapon in Cardiff near the waterfront after it appeared in a "blinding flash of light". This seems likely to refer to the Cardiff Space-Time Rift. (TV: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang; COMIC: Rift War!)