Summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor is putting out another fire from a bunsen burner on the console. He's impressing Amy with his fire extinguisher — eighty times more times foam than normal extinguishers — a gadget he modestly says he invented. When the TARDIS arrives in Echo Sphere (a self contained unit, a protective shell for the inhabitants sealed within their planet), the sound of the TARDIS arriving reverberates around the Sphere. With its ever-increasing volume, the noise distresses the inhabitants — peaceful, green, bird-like creatures known for their occasional, very quiet, gentle songs.
As the noise becomes too loud and threatens to weaken the Echo Sphere's structure, Amy races to the TARDIS and fetches the Doctor's fire extinguisher. Setting it to maximum, the Doctor sets it off and everything gets covered in foam — including the inhabitants! Without a flat, hard surface, the echoes are muffled by the texture of the foam. The Doctor and Amy apologise and offer to clean up the mess with mops from inside the TARDIS, second right, cupboard under the stairs...
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- Unusually, this story contained an element of practical science.
- The idea of the Doctor (with his eighty times more powerful fire extinguisher) being an inventor is not new to the character.
- What happens after the Doctor and Amy have cleaned up and left and the sound of the TARDIS taking off is left behind is not mentioned.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 165 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – ABOUT FACE!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added