- You may be looking for the comic story.
A condensed 5 minute version of this episode was made available to download in .mp4 format for seven days after broadcast, as part of a BBC trial of video podcasts. It was later uploaded to the BBC's YouTube channel. Both of these were cropped into 4:3 aspect ratio.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- Filming of the Scarecrow attack, including small SFX explosives within the suits of the Scarecrows.
- Paul Cornell discusses the responsibility that Martha has within this story, and the difficulties she faces as a black woman within that timeperiod.
- David Tennant going in for the application of heavy facial makeup to make him look considerably aged.
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster discusses Timothy, how he feels and the way in which he deals with the situation.
- Filming at the memorial with old Timothy, and the battlefield scenes with Timothy and Hutchinson (including the SFX required for the latter).
- Harry Lloyd discusses his surprise when told that a real explosion would be used for the destruction of the Family's ship.
- The dark consequences for the Family of Blood at the climax.
- Wire work for Mother of Mine being sucked out of the TARDIS.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- The general health and safety considerations and concerns for both the SFX team and for the director when it comes to making a show like Doctor Who.
- Why the Doctor can never have an ordinary life, and what the 'What could have been' montage means within that.
- A Next time on Doctor Who Confidential... trailer for the following episode.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Charles Palmer, Director, Episode 9
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Richard Harris, 1st Assistant Director, Episode 9
- Paul Kelly & Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisors
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- Paul Cornell, Writer, Episode 9
- Freema Agyeman, Martha Jones
- Thomas Sangster, Tim Latimer
- Susie Liggat & Tracie Simpson, Producer, Episode 9 & Production Manager, Episode 9
- Rory Taylor, Director of Photography, Episode 9
- Faujja Singh, Armourer
- Rebekah Staton, Jenny
- Harry Lloyd, Jeremy Baines
- Neill Gorton, Prosthetics Designer
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Hung Up" by Madonna, Album: Confessions on a Dance Floor
- "The Man in You" by Faithless, Album: To All New Arrivals
- "Heartburn" by Alicia Keys, Album: The Diary of Alicia Keys
- "I Still Remember" by Bloc Party, Album: A Weekend in the City
- "Once Upon a Time" by Air, Album: Pocket Symphony
- "Porcelain" by Moby, Album: Play
- "Take a Bow" by Muse, Album: Black Holes and Revelations
- "Love Train" by Wolfmother, Album: Wolfmother
- "Dani California" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Album: Stadium Arcadium
- "Through the Dark" by KT Tunstall, Album: Eye to the Telescope
- "Everybody Looked the Same" by Groove Armada, Album: Vertigo (also used in DCOM: Lords and Masters)
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - James Daniels, Nick Jardine, Oliver Russell
- Sound - Kevin Meredith, Brian Murrell, Maz Tajiki
- Runner - Scott Handcock
- Edit Assistants - Sam Jones, Christopher Moore
- Researchers - Nathan Landeg, Jamie Lynch
- Assistant Producers - Geoff Evans, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Amanda Buckley
- Production Accountant - Elaine Stephenson
- Production Co-ordinator - Tors Grantham
- Post Production Co-ordinator - Vickie Mansell
- Production Managers - Kirsty Reid, Natalie Street
- Production Executive - Paul Williams
- Editor - James Brailsford
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Produced & Directed by - Ailsa Jenkins
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
- Interview with the make-up artist who applied the elderly John Smith's make up.
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]