Bêtes Noires & Dark Horses was the second and last comic published in the Faction Paradox series.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Faction Paradox's representatives start sweating blood as the bone-wielding Mayakatula runs amok, leaving an increasing trail of corpses in her wake. Meanwhile, a British Secret Service agent important to Faction lore arrives to observe the carnage in King George III's court. His name's Sabbath, and before he's done, he's going to shove himself into a conflict that's already got the Faction, the colonial Americans and more at each others' throats. All this, plus a very unexpected origin story gets unveiled.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Makandal was a terrorist leader.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In one scene. Sabbath holds a bloody pig's heart in his hand, echoing his actions in the novel The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
- A third comic story in the Faction Paradox series, Creatures of Habit, was planned, but ultimately was derailed when the comic series was cancelled.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Sabbath, the Mayakai, and Makandal originate from PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
- Sabbath mentions "a brothel in the Bay of Bengal that specialises in ritual intercourse... [and says] they can open the veil of the hours". (PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street)