Autumn Mist was the twenty-fourth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by David A. McIntee, released 5 July 1999 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Sam Jones and Fitz Kreiner.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Ardennes, December 1944: the Nazi forces are making their last offensive in Europe — a campaign which will come to be called the Battle of the Bulge. But there is a third side to this battle: an unknown and ancient force which seems to pay little heed to the laws of nature.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Sam Jones
- Fitz Kreiner
- Sergeant Jeff Kovacs
- Lieutenant Wiesniewski
- Corporal Joe Harris
- Dr Ray Garcia
- Ray Garcia's wife
- Dan Bearclaw
- Jurgen Leitz
- Colonel von Hofman
- Captain Graumann
- Colonel Allen Lewis
- Jochen Peiper
- Major Poetschke
- Private Fleps
- Charlie Daniels
- Emil Metz
- Sam wears a Pinky and the Brain t-shirt.
- Sam never watched much Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, as her dad was always watching the news.
- Sam mentions Tony Robinson and Time Team.
- Both Sam and Fitz mention The Great Escape. Sam remembers what happened to Richard Attenborough and Gordon Jackson in it.
- Everytime the Doctor tries to leave Earth, the TARDIS is put into a temporal orbit.
- At the end of this novel Sam asks the Doctor to drop her somewhere near 1997, deciding she has gone through more changes than anyone should.
- The novel's title, Autumn Mist (Herbstnebel in German), was the final codename for to the Ardennes operation.
- PROSE: The Taint and Autumn Mist are linked by several themes.
- The Sidhe were first mentioned in PROSE: First Frontier and again in PROSE: Unnatural History.
- The Doctor doesn't have a shadow, which is explained in PROSE: Interference - Book Two.
- Sam mentions that the last time the TARDIS was left to float in space, they were hauled off to Skaro. (PROSE: War of the Daleks)
- The Doctor claims to have been present at El Alamein. (TV: The Sea Devils)