Autumn was the third story in the audio anthology, Circular Time, which comprised the ninety-first release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Paul Cornell and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa.
It was notable for being the story which explored Nyssa's first, tentative steps into the world of romantic love. It was further significant for being Big Finish's first foray into Stockbridge, England, a fictional hamlet that had been introduced in Doctor Who Magazine comic strips.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Andrew - Jamie Sandford
- Jack - Toby Longworth
- Anton - Jeremy James
- Don - John Benfield
- When Nyssa tells Andrew Harper that she is from Traken, he assumes that it is in Ireland.
- Though she falls in love with him quite uneasily, Nyssa is clearly implied to have had sex with Andrew.
- The Doctor and Nyssa have met P. G. Wodehouse.
- This story is set in the recent past (relative to the publication date of 2007), and involves no science fictional elements other than the Doctor and Nyssa themselves. Thus it is technically a "pure historical" episode, however short the hop back in time is.
- According to a 20 November 2006 blog post, Paul Cornell wrote this story without the assistance of Mike Maddox.
- Andrew's surname here is "Whitaker", but it mysteriously changes to "Harper" by AUDIO: The Eternal Summer.
- The Doctor and Nyssa would later return to Stockbridge several times, in 1899, 1199, 2009 and the 45th century. (AUDIO: Castle of Fear, The Eternal Summer, Plague of the Daleks)